- Admissions Policy | download
- Adult Safeguarding Policy | download
- Assessment and Examination Malpractice Policy | download
- Children and Young People Safeguarding Policy | download
- Computer Use Policy | download
- Disability Policy download
- Environment and Sustainability Policy | download
- Equality and Diversity Policy | download
- Examinations Resit Policy | download
- Exclusion Policy | download
- Fitness to Learn Policy | download
- Harassment and Bullying Policy | download
- Online Safety Policy | download
- Safeguarding Policies – appendix Coronavirus | download
- Fees Policy
- Refund Policy
- Complaints and Compliments
- Digital Technology – Recording of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Safeguarding Learners for Visitors | Download
Safeguarding is the responsibility of us all; all members of our staff are required to complete Safeguarding training including training on radicalisation and counter terrorism.
Every member of our staff has a responsibility to help ensure your safety and welfare. If you suspect someone is being abused or you are concerned in any way about the safety or wellbeing of yourself or someone else, please speak to any member of ACL staff or contact one of our designated Safeguarding Officers as soon as possible.
ACL Essex also actively promotes British Values, defined by the Government as:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs, and for those without faith.
This includes challenging learners, staff and other service users that may express opinions that are contrary to these values including extremist views.
By actively promoting these values, we aim to:
- Help our learners become valuable members of society, who treat others with respect and tolerance, regardless of background;
- Celebrate difference and promote diversity;
- Encourage an understanding of the difficulties other cultures face where such values are not respected.
In order to do this, we will:
- Provide staff development and training;
- Ensure learners have a voice that is listened to and valued;
- Embed different materials about democracy and how the law works into our curriculum areas;
- Encourage learners to become responsible learners, critical thinkers and to actively participate in their own learning and development;
- Promote British values through teaching sessions and tutorials.
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
- Jill Newton – 07788 301 629
- Emma Thomson – 07827 976 273