ACL offers a wide range of day time and evening adult learning courses to help you improve your job prospects, learn a new skill or simply inspire you.
Why choose ACL?
ACL Essex is the largest provider of adult education in the county. Our aim is to provide learners with as many ways to flourish as possible, to be there in communities across Essex, to make a difference to residents and businesses, so they can make a difference for themselves and to the places that they live in.
We frequently update our website with new courses throughout the year. There is financial support and childcare services, in addition to a variety of free workshops and sessions available. Courses include, but not limited to:
- Creative and Cultural learning – Art and drawing, British Sign Language, Makaton, Clothes Making, Creative Writing, Foreign Languages, Floristry, Photography, Cooking & Baking, Humanities, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
- Qualifications and Skills for Employment – Access to Higher Education, Accounting & Finance, Beauty & Complementary Therapies, Business & Management, Career & Employability skills, Counselling skills, Creative Qualifications, Early Year & Education, IT, First Aid, GCSEs, Hairdressing & Barbering, Health Medical & Care
- English, Maths, Science and Digital – Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Microsoft Office Skills, English & Maths
- Mental Health and Wellbeing – Managing Anxiety, Positive Thinking, Building Self-confidence, Wellbeing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Life Coaching
- Community and Family Learning – Emotional Wellbeing, Family Wellbeing, surviving as a Family, Understanding English & Maths
- Apprenticeships & Professional Learning – Business School, Early Years & Education, Health Medical & Care
- Supported Learning – Access to Employability, Arts & Crafts, Computer Skills, Cooking, Dance, Drama, English, Gardening, Sport & Fitness, Sensory, Health & Beauty, Health & Wellbeing, Maths, Music, Photography, Pottery, and Digital Skills.
ACL Essex has adapted a huge range of courses that are delivered online, via distance learning and in classrooms.
If you wish to make a general enquiry or provide feedback on your experience with us, you can contact us using the options below.
If you wish to let us know that you are unable to make a lesson or session please send us an email with your full name, course code and the specific lesson day/time you are unable to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org