All roles are part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Share Your Skills
Further Education teacher recruitment
Share Your Skills is a new campaign that calls on skilled professionals to share their valuable expertise and train the next generation of workers in their field by teaching in further education. Find out here.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working for most roles
- Payment of professional fees for approved professions
- Employee Assistance Programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Cycle to Work through salary sacrifice
- Life assurance of three times annual salary for pension scheme members
- Relocation package up to £8,000 where agreed
- Private medical health insurance for senior level employees and their partner (can also cover children at an additional cost)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Charitable giving through payroll deduction
- Up to 29 days’ annual leave plus purchase of additional annual leave
- Interest free travel loan after probation period
- Local shopping discounts, and discounts on trains and buses
- Childcare vouchers through salary sacrifice