Making choices about future learning or career development
ACL Essex is Matrix Accredited and works within this quality framework to support learners in making informed decisions about future learning and careers options. The matrix Standard is the national quality standard for any organisation that delivers information, advice and guidance on learning and work.
We provide information on learning and work in the following ways:
- printed materials such as leaflets, course information booklets, learner handbook
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Student Services staff
We provide advice and courses on a range of topics:
- ways to search for and apply for jobs, e.g. interview skills, CV workshop, completing applications forms (Get Back into Work and employability courses), basic IT skills
- personal interests and skills to your job or career during assessments and course
- identify courses suitable for you, including additional courses that will support your development
- advice on ways to progress in a career
- identify the skills you may need and refer you to other support (if necessary)
- give advice about financial support for learning
If you require more information, please contact us.
National Careers Service
We can arrange guidance for further support options.
A guidance interview will help you find out more about your options. It is private, confidential, impartial, and free of charge. Guidance provision is delivered by a qualified Learning Guide from our partner organisation the National Careers Service.
The National Careers Service (NCS) supports access to personalised skills and careers information that helps individuals to make effective choices about their future pathways. This service is free and friendly, tailoring impartial information, skills and careers advice to meet individual needs.
Professionally qualified advisors from the NCS provide confidential one-to-one appointments helping you to find learning and training that is right for you
Contact The National Careers Service (NCS) using the following details.
For Colchester, Clacton, Colchester, Witham and Braintree call 01206 814292/07932579483 or email email@example.com
For all other areas in Essex call 0800 917 94 19 or email NationalCareersServiceNCC@futuresforyou.com