Discover the pathway to your desired career…
We offer a great range of skills for employment and accredited courses that give you the tools and qualifications you need to reach your career goals.
Use the information on this page to see where our courses could take you.
Skip to: Essential Skills | Beauty, Complementary Therapies & Hairdressing | Business, Management & Finance | Creative Industries | Early Years & Education | Science, Health, Medical & Care | Technology, Digital & Media | Making Choices about Future Learning or Career Development | National Careers Service | Supported Learning Career Advice | Contact Us
Beauty, Complementary Therapies & Hairdressing
Our professional Beauty & Complementary Therapy courses take place in working salons within our centres. Whilst learning new skills, you will be introduced to the importance of customer service, client interaction and how to run a successful professional salon.
Business, Management & Finance
If you’re looking to start your own business, develop your current business or improve your own personal business skills, our business & management courses will support you, or if you would like to learn to master more complex financial processes, including final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, costs and revenues and professional ethics then one of our accounting courses might be for you!
We offer accredited creative courses for people looking to turn their passion into a career. From floristry to woodworking, you will learn a range of skills and gain a recognised qualification to progress in your career or to set up your own business.
Early Years & Education
If you’re interested in starting or developing your career in either schools or early years; our courses will provide you with the tools you will need to succeed in this rewarding sector. We offer courses for those who are not yet working in the sector, through to professionals wishing to challenge themselves and develop their knowledge.
Science, Health, Medical & Care
Over the past year there has been an increased demand for health and medical professionals and so more opportunities in health and care sector. Our courses will enable you to take that first step into an exciting career or could support you to develop transferable and existing skills. If you are currently working in the health sector or considering a new career, we have something for you. We also offer a wide range of apprenticeship and work-based learning opportunities
- Adult Care Worker (Apprenticeship)
- Healthcare Science Assistant (Apprenticeship)
- Healthcare Support Worker (Apprenticeship)
- Healthcare Cleaning Operative (Apprenticeship)
- Counselling Skills Introduction
- Counselling Skills
- Cleaning Principles
- Common Health Conditions
- Customer Service for Health & Social Care settings
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Infection Control
- Preparing to Work in Adult Care
- Principles of Care Planning
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Care & Management of Diabetes
- Understand Technology Supports Person Centred Care
- Understanding Safe Handling of Medication in Adult Care
- Kitchen Services
- You can Scheme for Health & Care
Technology, Digital & Media
We offer a range of technology, digital & media courses from beginner to advanced to suit all skill levels. Computers are changing every part of our lives at an ever increasing rate – why not drive the future by taking a technology, digital & media course at ACL?
Making Choices about Future Learning or Career Development
ACL Essex is Matrix Accredited and works within this quality framework to support learners in making informed decisions about future learning and careers options. The matrix Standard is the national quality standard for any organisation that delivers information, advice and guidance on learning and work.
We provide information on learning and work in the following ways:
- printed materials such as leaflets, course information booklets, learner handbook
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Student Services staff
We provide advice and courses on a range of topics:
- ways to search for and apply for jobs, e.g. interview skills, CV workshop, completing applications forms (Get Back into Work and employability courses), basic IT skills
- personal interests and skills to your job or career during assessments and course
- identify courses suitable for you, including additional courses that will support your development
- advice on ways to progress in a career
- identify the skills you may need and refer you to other support (if necessary)
- give advice about financial support for learning
If you require more information, please contact us.
National Careers Service
We can arrange guidance for further support options.
A guidance interview will help you find out more about your options. It is private, confidential, impartial, and free of charge. Guidance provision is delivered by a qualified Learning Guide from our partner organisation the National Careers Service.
The National Careers Service (NCS) supports access to personalised skills and careers information that helps individuals to make effective choices about their future pathways. This service is free and friendly, tailoring impartial information, skills and careers advice to meet individual needs.
Professionally qualified advisors from the NCS provide confidential one-to-one appointments helping you to find learning and training that is right for you
Contact The National Careers Service (NCS) using the following details.
For Colchester, Clacton, Colchester, Witham and Braintree call 01206 814292/07932579483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other areas in Essex call 0800 917 94 19 or email NationalCareersServiceNCC@futuresforyou.com
If you wish to make a general enquiry or provide feedback on your experience with us, you can contact us using the options below.