The Nightingale Care Bursary
From January 2023, all Health & Social Care courses at ACL will become part of the Nightingale Care Bursary (NCB).
The NCB enables everyone to access Health & Social Care courses and qualifications for FREE. So, whether you’re looking to start a new and fulfilling career in care or want to upskill – we can support you! If you are a health and care provider, you can also access the bursary to support staff training and development opportunities.
Training Courses & Qualifications
No matter what your previous experience or qualifications are, we have a range of courses tailored to help you succeed in the sector.
- Level 2 or 3 short courses for specialist skills and identified CPD including Safe Handling of Medication, Principles of Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Understanding Autism, Understanding Domestic Violence
- Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Healthcare, Housekeeping or Hospitality
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principals of Leadership & Management
- Level 3 Diploma in either Health & Social Care or Healthcare
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
Ranging from Level 2 through 5, apprenticeships provide the opportunity to gain qualifications and hands-on experience.
Health and Social Care apprenticeships
- Adult Care Worker
- Healthcare Science Assistant
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Healthcare Cleaning Operative
- Healthcare Support worker
- Healthcare Assistant practitioner
- Lead Practitioner in Adult Care
- Leader in Adult Care
- Laboratory Technician *coming soon
- Business Admin
- Customer Service
- Team Leading
- Coaching Professional
- Operations Manager
Fast track management
Have you got team leading or management experience? Your transferable skills could make you a perfect candidate for the Fast track management programme.
- You could become a Care Manager within 24 months
- Fully funded course progression from Level 2 to 5
- £1500 bonus available upon completion
- Great opportunity if you have transferable skills and looking to change sectors
- Provides the environment to ‘learn the ropes’ and start a new career
- Average salary of £40,000 for Care Managers
Financial help & support
Finances do not have to get in the way of a rewarding career. Support is available to reduce barriers to work and learning.
- You could receive help with travel, equipment, clothing
- Get started grant – This is a one off grant of up to £300 if you’re looking to start an apprenticeship in health or care. It’s a little bit of extra support before that first pay packet comes in.
- Bike scheme – If you’re working in a community role and where own transport is a barrier, you could access an electric bike to enable you to get to and from work and visit your service users.
- Our teams will support you through the application process and discuss the financial help available to you
Get in Touch
If you’d like to find out more about the bursaryNCB, please complete the enquiry form below. You will need to complete an application form and undertake an assessment and interview. This is nothing to worry about and it is not a pass or fail exercise! We just need to make sure we choose the right course for you.
You can also call us on 03330139502.
We look forward to working with you soon!