Zachery enrolled on a Level 3 course in Adult Care that is fully funded by the Nightingale Care Bursary. Zachery chose to do this course as “It has helped me to support the support workers who need guidance.”
- What district within Essex are you based?
- How did you hear about the Nightingale Care Bursary?
My manager and I had a discussion about me completing my level 3. They carried out research and came across the Bursary.
- Please tell us a little bit about your current role/course:
I am the manager of the farm at the setting. This involves making sure there is nothing broken, making repairs when needed and dealing with the animals. I support service users who come to the farm also.
- What inspired you to seek a career within the Health & Care sector?
My parents set up Yarra, so I knew a little bit about it. They needed help so I worked there and have now been there for 11 years.
- What would you say to others considering a career within Health and Social care?
It is an opportunity to see the individuals you support grow and develop which is nice, but the job isn’t without its challenges. You have to be able to change and adapt with different individuals and sometimes this can be challenging.
- How has Nightingale supported you in achieving your career goals/progression?
It has helped widen my knowledge base to help me tackle different situations. It has helped me to support the support workers who need guidance.
- What is one thing you are proud of that you have achieved whilst completing your programme?
I am proud that I have been able to complete different types of evidence such as presentations and posters. I have done them before, but they feel more easier now.
- We’d like to know more about you outside of your studies, tell us about your hobbies, and interests…
I like to go to the gym, and I like gaming. I recently bought my own home and have been doing renovations and DIY.
The Nightingale Care Bursary enables everyone to access Health & Social Care courses and qualifications for FREE. So, whether you’re looking to start a new and fulfilling career in care or want to upskill – we can support you! If you are a health and care provider, you can also access the bursary to support staff training and development opportunities.
- Training courses & Qualifications
- Fast-track management
- Financial help & support