Before the apprenticeship commences there are a few things that we will need you to do. Our Business
Development Team will explain what you need to do, and when, and will be on hand to provide support
and answer any questions that you may have.
- ask you to sign a contract with ACL confirming that you agree to and understand your responsibilities and obligations including compliance with the ESFA (Education & Skills Funding Agency) rules
- carry out a Health & Safety Check on the apprentice’s place of work. A qualified ACL team member will complete this with you – it takes approx. 60mins and includes a section on safeguarding and the prevent duty. These checks are usually carried out every three years providing there are no changes to your premises and no reportable incidents have occurred
- complete an Employer Agreement document with you which includes the financial arrangements and payment schedules
- need you to provide us with a copy of your Employers Liability Insurance
- want you to confirm that the apprentice has or will have a contract of employment in place on the first day of their programme
The Contract and Health & Safety check need only to be completed once every three years irrespective of the number of apprentices you take on. If an incident occurs or significant changes happen in between times we may need to complete an additional Health & Safety Check to ensure the details held are up to date.