New online courses that give you the chance to receive a qualification and develop a portfolio, whilst expressing your creativity through your love of crafts.
Creative Craft Entry Award Qualifications
Start Date: 26 May – 7 June (an assessment will need to be completed prior to start date, please enrol on course to book your assessment)
Start Time and Lesson Duration: Morning/Afternoon for 3 hours per week
Duration: 7 lessons over 7 week(s)
Location: Online Live delivered in a virtual classroom with experience tutor and other learners
Course fee: £50 for the complete course (low cost – subsidised by Government funding)
Are you a complete beginner or watercolour hobbyist and would like to take a step into creating your own masterpieces?
- learn about what materials you need
- the fundamental techniques of drawing in pencil and ink
- learn how to mix and apply watercolour paints in washes to create preparatory sketches and then interpret these as beautiful watercolour paintings.
By the end of the course you will have created at least one completed painting of your own composition, compiled a portfolio of work and gained an entry level qualification.
If you have a love of flowers but not sure how to make them into spectacular arrangements, then this is the course for you. Learn all the basics floristry industry techniques including:
- how to select the right container
- what tools and materials you need and how to use them safely
- selecting suitable flowers and foliage
- how to prepare them for a lasting display that has the wow factor
By the end of the course you will have created at least one completed floral arrangement of your own design, compiled a portfolio of work and gained an entry level qualification.
Are you captivated by the unique style of comic book art, then why not make a start in learning how to create comic illustration?
- learn about suitable materials
- basic drawing techniques
- applying block colour that illustrates characters and enhances storylines
- develop your own distinctive style
By the end of the course you will have created at least one completed illustration of your own design, compiled a portfolio of work and gained an entry level qualification.
Do you have a passion for all that glitters and would like to make a start in creating your own jewellery, then why not start here?
- learn all the basics about what tools and equipment you need
- learn how to use tools safely
- discover where to find materials, selecting suitable beads and wire
- learn how to recycle old jewellery items
- understand simple construction techniques.
By the end of the course you will have created at least one completed jewellery item of your own design, compiled a portfolio of work and gained an entry level qualification.
Level 1 Creative Qualifications
Are you ready to start your journey to becoming an artist, feeling inquisitive, creative and open-minded then this course is just for you?
- Develop a portfolio of work in art and design
- Use materials, tools and equipment correctly and safely
- Develop an understanding of health and safety considerations surrounding art and design
At the end of the course you will create, present and review final art and design outcomes.
Discover and explore photography using a digital camera to produce creative images successfully.
- Experiment with different genres and styles of photography to develop your visual language including composition and other formal elements.
- Learn techniques of camera control including exposure and shutter speed.
- Develop your understanding of design through the creative use of shape, form, texture, colour and lighting.
While working towards the qualification learners complete a portfolio of work though the course which includes research, photographic evidence and written projects.
Level 2 Creative Qualifications
This course is designed for those of you who wish to develop your understanding and skill set on various areas of the photographic industry, including commercial, studio and general practice exercises. Working to a semi professional style brief, you will be tasked with a variety of photographic exercises as well as under pinning your knowledge with composition, framing and exposure skills.
This course is suitable for any one who has completed a NCFE Level 1 photography course and is not suitable for beginners. A DSLR camera would be advised to be used on this course.