The aim of this charter is to improve mutual support, communications and strengthen relationships creating a safe and positive environment for all.
Our Learner Charter & Learner expectations
As a learner with ACL Essex, you can expect:
- A high standard of teaching, learning and assessment
- Classes that run on time in rooms that are appropriately equipped
- Regular visits and support in the workplace if your programme is non-classroom based
- Access to information, advice and guidance that supports your learning -and your next steps
- To learn in a way that suits your individual needs
- To be provided with regular feedback on your progress
- A culture where discrimination is challenged, and the dignity of learners and others is not abused.
- An environment that safeguards learners from all types of abuse including radicalisation and develops an awareness of social and moral responsibility in modern Britain.
- To receive a timely response to compliments, complaints or comments.
- Your learning to take place in a safe environment
- To be provided with learning support and reasonable adjustments where needed
In turn we have expectations of our learners.
We expect you to:
- Respect the rights of all ACL centre users
- Behave in a manner that contributes to a healthy and safe environment, and that respects those that use our centres by treating all with consideration and courtesy.
- Be fully committed to your learning, attend all classes or appointments on time, complete course work, and inform us if you are unable to.
- Complete a learning plan and feedback to your tutor on your progress.
- Provide us with appropriate information to help us meet your learning needs and keep us informed of any changes in your personal details
- Report any incidents of abuse or suspected radicalisation
ACL Learner Charter
- Encourage and accept diversity and promote equality.
- Behave in a manner that contributes to a healthy and safe environment.
- Develop and promote your understanding of the British Values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law and mutual respect and tolerance.
- Adopt a positive attitude and participate fully in class supporting others in doing so.
- Attend and be punctual, informing us if you are unable to attend.
- Be aware of and abide by policies and procedures.
- Engage and celebrate all successes and achievements.
- Always wear your ID badge, so we know who is in our centres.
- Share any information we need to keep you safe, complete a Learner Welfare form if appropriate.
- Be aware of and use procedures for complaints and comments.
- Request and make use of available Learning Support if needed.
- Report any incidents of abuse or suspected radicalisation to staff or the safeguarding team.
- Make use of information that will provide advice and guidance to help you in your next steps both in your career and life.
- Keep us informed of any changes in your personal details.
- Provide and make use of timely and good quality feedback on your progress.