Your Future Matters
Why does Your Future Matter
Everyone deserves to have equal access to excellent learning, training and employment opportunities throughout their lives. This includes opportunities that are relevant to local communities that provide both residents and businesses with the platform to achieve their ambitions.
There can be many barriers to achieving your learning and career potential or personal goals. We’re here to break down those barriers by improving access and awareness to available opportunities, as well as supporting you whilst you achieve the goals that you have set your sights on.
No one should feel left behind, lost or isolated. We’re inspired by the positive impact that any individual can have on the lives and wellbeing of others. By improving our own prospects, we can all instil confidence and support those around us to in turn raise their aspirations and connections within the community. Our vision is for all residents, communities and businesses to feel connected and supported.
How can we support you?
- Provide you with the information, advice and guidance to help you plan towards achieving your learning and career ambitions.
- Support you to access and acquire skills and opportunities
- Provide you with tools to help build confidence to transform your prospects, enjoy your career development, and improve your wellbeing.
Your Future Matters is made up of various initiatives to help residents and businesses improve their prospects and their lives:
- One-to-one support sessions for residents and businesses. Our teams will discuss potential career opportunities, training, wellbeing, and anything that could support you whilst achieving your goals.
- One-to-one mentoring service for young people struggling to secure employment offers individual guidance and support
- £500 apprenticeship bursary is available to young people from low-income families.
- Our website offers information, training, and resources, as well as the option to request a call or email for immediate advice, while visitors to the site will also discover if they are eligible for free course funding, via an online funding tool.
About the project
We work directly with employers, communities, and residents to understand the barriers to learning and employment and seek solutions through working partnerships.
Our teams aim to increase participation in learning, opening up opportunities for apprenticeships, jobs, and work experience and encouraging businesses to invest in staff training and development programmes including Essential Skills e.g. Maths, English & Digital. Additionally, we will support residents to access training programmes and wellbeing services.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fundprospectus
Meet the team
Get to know our team and why making a difference to others in our community is important to us.
We regularly attend and host activities in your local town. Please register your interest and meet our teams at upcoming events.
Get in touch
We’re here to help
If you would like to request a call back, or leave us a message you can use the form below. Alternatively you can use our LiveChat for a faster response.
"*" indicates required fields