Please ensure you follow the below guidance when visiting our centres.
When entering an ACL Building, please:
- If you believe you may have any of the Covid-19 symptoms, please do not attend. You will need to self isolate and arrange for a test. Details can be found on: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
- Please do not enter the building until 5 minutes before your lesson or appointment is due to start.
- If you are staff, a visitor, contractor or family/carer for a learner, please sign in at Reception for Track and Trace reasons. If Reception is closed, please use the visitors book leaving you name, reason for visit, who visiting and contact number. Learners do not need to sign in at reception as you will be recorded at attending by the tutor using the e-register.
- Please ensure that you have either your ACL Security Badge displayed, or a visitors’ badge.
- When in the building please always maintain a 2-metre distance from other people.
- Please follow the one-way routes that have been set out. There are markers to guide you around the building. You may have to exit the building and enter through another entrance to access certain parts of the building.
- Government guidance is that masks should be worn in enclosed public spaces. This means that masks are to be worn whilst walking around our centres. However, once seated in the classroom and provided 2 metre social distancing is being maintained masks can be removed during the lesson.
- Please ensure that reusable face masks are clean on entering the building or disposable ones are fresh new masks. Please take disposable masks with you when you leave and dispose of properly.
- Please ensure you have visited the toilet before coming to the centre, our toilet provision has had to be reduced due to social distancing guidance. There are instructions outside toilet facilities advising you how to use safely.
- Please cleanse your hands on entering and leaving the building with the provided sanitizer.
- If you use computer equipment in your lesson, you are welcome to bring your own. This must be a USB connecting keyboard and / or mouse which can be connected to our desktop computers. Please ensure these have been cleaned before leaving home. We will have our own available but using your own, could reduce the risk of indirect contamination.
- If you require use of a mouse mat and/or wrist rest, please bring your own that have been cleaned before entering the building. We will have some available but to avoid indirect contamination, it would be better if you could use your own.
- Please bring in minimal personal items.
- Please bring in your own water. If using a refillable bottle, please fill at home. Paper cups are available but are for single use only.
- When in the building, please wash or sanitise your hands regularly at the sanitising stations present throughout the centre.
- After the lesson has finished, please leave the building promptly.
For more information about how we made sure we have complied with the Government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19, please see Our Safety Plan.
For more information about our centres reopening from 8 March 2021, please click here.