At ACL we have made sure we have complied with the Government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. Our safety plan includes:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and shared with those who work for ACL.
- Staff have all completed a COVID-19 Safety course as part of Essex County Council policy as well as an ACL induction on safety measures.
- We have a Track and trace recording process in place for visitors, staff, contractors and family/carers.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We are cleaning high
touch areas throughout the day and cleaning classrooms between lessons.
- There are sanitising stations at the entrance and exits of all buildings, near toilet facilities and high touch areas.
- There is a sanitising station in every classroom.
have taken all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-19
secure workplace or work from home.
- Many of our courses are now being delivered online using the latest digital teaching methods.
- Staff will continue to work from home, where possible. This means you may see less staff around, however, we are working hard to ensure your experience with us remains positive.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2-metre distance in the workplace.
- Classes will have
staggered start and break times to reduce the amount of people moving around
the building at any one time.
- We have implemented one-way routes through all buildings with clear signage giving directions.
- All classrooms have been set out so 2m distancing can be maintained.
- Where people cannot keep 2m apart we have ensured a least 1m distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk.
- There are protective screens in areas such as Reception to protect the customer and the member of staff.
- Toilet facilities have been reduced, please be patient if you are asked to wait for some to become available.
If you are planning to attend an ACL centre, please read our Safety Guidance.