1) Take a square piece of paper
2) Make the first fold
3) Make the second fold
4) Turn the paper over
5) Fold each corner into the centre of the page
6) Tune the paper over and fold each corner into the centre of the page
7) Fold in half
8) Place your thumps and first fingers into the four flaps created
9) Add your chosen text to each section
About this task
Paper folding comes with many benefits such as, helping us to develop our eye hand co-ordination and fine motor skills, as well as following sequencing and growing our mental concentration skills.
The other benefits come from what this skill set allows us to create! By following the instructions to create a Secret Teller you have created a new game to play which you can use to entertain and engage those around you.
One you have made your first Secret Teller you can explore different ways to interact with them, from adding colour to changing the questions you write in them. You can even experiment with making larger versions by starting with a larger piece of paper!
For all online courses, including arts & creative, visit our website.
By Art Tutor, Abbie Cairns