New online courses that give you the chance to receive a qualification and develop a portfolio, whilst expressing your creativity through your love of crafts.
Start Date: 26 May – 7 June (an assessment will need to be completed prior to start date, please enrol on course to book your assessment)
Start Time and Lesson Duration: Morning/Afternoon for 3 hours per week
Duration: 7 lessons over 7 week(s)
Location: Online Live delivered in a virtual classroom with experience tutor and other learners
Course fee: £50 for the complete course (low cost – subsidised by Government funding)
Are you a complete beginner or watercolour hobbyist and would like to take a step into creating your own masterpieces?
- learn about what materials you need
- the fundamental techniques of drawing in pencil and ink
- learn how to mix and apply watercolour paints in washes to create preparatory sketches and then interpret these as beautiful watercolour paintings.
If you have a love of flowers but not sure how to make them into spectacular arrangements, then this is the course for you. Learn all the basics floristry industry techniques including:
- how to select the right container
- what tools and materials you need and how to use them safely
- selecting suitable flowers and foliage
- how to prepare them for a lasting display that has the wow factor
Are you captivated by the unique style of comic book art, then why not make a start in learning how to create comic illustration?
- learn about suitable materials
- basic drawing techniques
- applying block colour that illustrates characters and enhances storylines
- develop your own distinctive style
Do you have a passion for all that glitters and would like to make a start in creating your own jewellery, then why not start here?
- learn all the basics about what tools and equipment you need
- learn how to use tools safely
- discover where to find materials, selecting suitable beads and wire
- learn how to recycle old jewellery items
- understand simple construction techniques.
By the end of the course you will have created at least one completed jewellery item of your own design, compiled a portfolio of work and gained an entry level qualification.