The World Mental Health Foundation recognises World Mental Health Day on 10 October every year. This year’s theme set is ‘’Make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority‘’.
At ACL, we offer a space to explore new ways to improve your wellbeing and gain valuable tools to help you navigate your daily life.
Our courses help you to understand the effects of nutrition on your wellbeing, manage anxiety, learn techniques on mindful thinking, and will guide you on your journey of personal development. Our expert tutors will be there with you every step of the way for guidance and support.
Last year, we caught up with Gill, Curriculum Manager, and Emma, Mental Health Recovery tutor, who discussed:
- What does ACL offer for those who are finding difficulties coping with living through a pandemic?
- Who are the tutors who deliver the courses?
- Why choose our Mental Health courses?
- What do the courses cover?
- How are our courses delivered?
- What coping strategies and resources do you suggest to use?
- What have past learners said about our courses?
The full video can be viewed below:
More Support: Looking after yourself and others
Please use and share the below resources with others who are in need.
- Mental Health helplines NHS
- MIND, Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Anxiety UK: Includes videos, webinars other useful links and lots more
- Mental Health UK
Local support: Please find below some key contact for people in the county, including those who are worried about the mental health of someone they know.
- Living Well Essex: Important contacts and guidance
- The Essex Welfare Service is there to help you find and access support during the Covid-19 challenge. If you need support with advice, daily living tasks and wellbeing, please contact them – 03003039988.
- Support for residents
- Supported Learning support