It can be very difficult to make decisions about which course to take, or career path to follow. How do you find out what sort of employment your favourite interest or subject could you lead you in to?
There is a wealth of information to be found on the internet on the internet but it is now always easy to know where to start. Two highly comprehensive, and impartial websites you could start with are:
The National Careers Service offers support including:
- Providing information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work
- Skills assessment – learn more about your skills and match them to potential new careers
- Explore careers – choose from over 800 career profiles to discover what each job involves
- Find a course – look for online learning opportunities and training courses local to you
- Whether you’re deciding what to study, taking your exams, planning a career, or just curious, here is information on the world of work, with advice from people who’ve found the right path for them.
We also have our Get Back into Work programmes. These FREE opportunities to improve your employment prospects to get back into work or move into a new job opportunity. We are here to support you to get the job you’ve always wanted.
- Fast-track workshops
- Courses to help with searching, applying and interviewing for a job
- Support with resilience, confidence and motivation
- Qualifications & skills for employment
- English & Maths intensive courses
- Digital/IT skills courses