What a fantastic week so far Learning together!!
It has been a busy week for the Community and Family Learning Team this week with still two days to go.
Have you managed to join us? If not… why not sign up for a session over the weekend?
It’s been great to receive such positive feedback. Take a look at some of the photos and comments we have received to help persuade you to join us for a session or two!
- Great to get some expert knowledge and also to hear how other parents are getting on, Thank you so much.
- Tutors were lovely and got the children involved. They were also very good at giving all children the chance to answer questions
- I came away with ideas for how to help my daughter cope and ideas for revising in 30 min segments
- I loved the idea of having my daughter narrate a well-known story to me and I write down her words as the story script, giving her ownership of the content. I think she will find this really fun and motivating to read what I’ve written. Perhaps in time (when her letter formation is good) she can write the sentences herself!
- Learning new ideas, hearing other parents struggles on the demands and distractions on teenagers, very reassuring
- I feel more confident in knowing what to do to prepare myself for an interview and the information i may need to know or take with me
- Tutor was lovely very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease
- Based on today i think everything was amazing very professional and the session was run with good communication, interaction, good tips and advice
- My kids really enjoyed the session and they didn’t stop talking about it!
- We all thought the teacher/instructor was brilliant and very easy to talk to
- The friendly nature of the workshops
- It was lovely for children to see other children!
- Today the fun spelling game was by far my little one’s favourite, he was really enjoying spelling which is a massive thing for him so thank you so much.
- Really enjoyed today’s course, the tutors adapt the courses well to the parents and children that attend them which is great
- I am going to try the tower spelling system with my daughter. It looks a really fun way to learn spellings, and lots of the literacy games ideas.
- I’ve enjoyed the enthusiasm of the teachers and the ideas sharing format. Each of today’s sessions I attended (playdough for maths, phonics, reading games and spelling) have inspired me to try new things or extend activities we currently do in new ways.
- All brilliant, free and friendly and welcoming
- I can’t think of any improvement, they were engaging, interesting, welcoming and useful
- Fabulous setup. Given lots of opportunities throughout the sessions to ask questions if you were unsure about anything.
- All fab ideas and free. Thank you to all of ACL, well done to you all
- Thanks for the lovely session today-we both really enjoyed it. My daughter is really proud of it and it will have centre place in her bedroom.
- My son made these yesterday and painted them today. Just the glue to go on next to make them shiny 😊Thank you for the session on Tuesday – we loved it!
To celebrate Learn Together week – we thought we would highlight a few things for you to consider in “HOW CHILDREN LEARN”
Your child is an individual and different from all others. The way your child learns best depends on many factors: age, learning style and personality.
This weekend and in to our “Learning Together” week, we want you to look at what learning your child needs, academically, socially and emotionally and then bring that into the play you are doing with them.
The ACL Essex Community & Family Learning team have organised a total of 63 workshops over the course of next week, don’t forget to sign up!
If you have any ideas to share or want to keep up to date with the latest workshops/courses/or support then visit our Facebook group:
To book on these or any of the workshops/courses we have on offer then click the link: https://aclessex.com/community-family-learning-online/.
Please feel free to share with any resident of Essex.