- Only 1 concern reported so far in this academic year none through the summer
- New Safeguarding and Wellbeing Officer has started this week, Emma Thomson.
- Annual Safeguarding Report produced and sent to SLT, will be presented at next Safeguarding meeting 28/9
- Analysis of OTL data shows we are still not aware of how much our learners know about Safeguarding; this will be a focus this term. As well as other work, Observers carrying out Learning Walks carried out will be expected to ask learners a specific question. Although there is some really good practice with tutors working around this it is a minority and will put us at risk if Ofsted visit.
- Request for expressions of interest will be going out for another DO. This will be additional to role; people need to be available so sessional tutors may not be suitable. It was agreed staff completing this role can claim £25 additional a month for this role.
- Team meeting, there was a request for Managers to complete the log in Teams showing what activities they are carrying out under Safeguarding, this is not being completed.
- Can we remind any new staff carrying out their own Basic DBS checks that they need to scan me a copy.
- Staff carrying out good practice need to inform Jill so this can be recorded.
- We will be continuing to produce a monthly poster with celebration dates and providing this to Centres/adding to the staff Portal.
- We will be continuing to promote activities for Wellbeing through Teams (Both ECC and ACL). Please encourage staff to join in and to give us feedback, this is really important as it is evidence for the Quality Marks we are working towards.
- It is ECC’s Wellbeing Strategy’s First Birthday at the end of September Link to this on One News, https://onenews.essex.gov.uk/wellbeing-one-year-on/
I have written a short piece about being an ECC Wellbeing Champion and included ACL work within this.