The national league tables for GCSEs have just been released and Adult Community Learning Essex is celebrating another year of outstanding results. We are delighted to announce we have topped the national and countywide league tables in several categories for academic year 2018/19.
- ACL Essex had the highest number of Grade 9 – 4 Maths GCSEs in the country out of all adult education public funded providers.
- ACL Essex ranked 3rd for grade 9 – 4 English GCSEs in the country out of all adult education public funded providers.
- ACL Essex had the highest overall GCSE pass rate in Essex (Maths: 98.6%, English: 97.2%) out of all adult education public funded providers.
- ACL Essex had the highest GCSE grade 9 – 4 pass rate in Essex (Maths: 70%, English: 83%) out of all adult education public funded providers.
- ACL Essex are the only Essex adult education public funded provider to teach and offer the Higher Maths GCSE.
The data is published on gov.uk at the beginning of April every year for the previous academic year.
“We are delighted to see how well our adult learners performed on seeing the national achievement rates just released,” ACL Vice Principal, Christian Norman. “It is fantastic to see so many people benefiting from our lifelong learning opportunities. Everyone deserves a second, third or fourth chance to get the qualifications they need for their desired career path. Our tutors work incredibly hard throughout the year to support our learners’ through every stage of their journey with us, providing the highest quality learning experience. These exceptional results are a testament to the tremendous team effort. All learners and staff involved should be extremely proud.”
We offer a wide variety of online learning courses, including GCSE qualifications. First class teaching and exceptional tutor support enables learners to improve their career prospects and personal skills. Additionally, it gives learners the opportunity to move on to further study, such as Access to Higher Education or university courses.
In light of the uncertainty we currently face, we have been working on adapting our classroom-based provision to maximise digital delivery wherever possible. New online courses and other learning opportunities will be published on ACLessex.com and shared via ACL Essex newsletter and social media channels – Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
Huge congratulations to all learners and staff for achieving these fantastic results.